Everyone loves a good fact, don’t they? Well, I do, anyway. A couple of months ago, on a Friday night, my mate told me a fact that I found totally fascinating (I didn’t believe him at first, but good old Google verified it. Yes, he was smug as fuck) and because it was a Friday we decided that Friday’s would now become Fact Friday’s, so I thought I’d write a post every Friday with some cool facts that I find online. Now, I haven’t verified any of these, so don’t come crying to me if they turn out to be bullshit.
First, I’ll give you the fact that my friend told me……..
* When someone yawns in your vicinity, it can often make you yawn too, as though the yawn is somehow ‘catching’. (You all know what I mean, right?). Psychopaths are immune to ‘catching’ yawns.
Now, come on, that’s a pretty sweet fact by anybody’s standards. You know you’re going to be on alert now anytime someone yawns, to see who the psychos are. Here are a few others that I think are pretty cool……
* The name for the shape of a Pringle is a ‘Hyperbolic Paraboloid’.
* Albert Einstein’s last words were spoken in German to a nurse who couldn’t speak the language and are lost forever.
* No one who was born blind has ever developed schizophrenia.
* The higher your IQ, the more forgetful you will be.
Hang on a minute, what was I doing again? Oh yeah, I remember now. Haha.
* More than 50% of koalas have got Chlamydia.
* The woolly mammoth was still alive when the pyramids were being built.
* Internet scams are among the top 5 industries in Nigeria.
Some pretty neat ones in there, I reckon. I’ll give you another dose (like a Chlamydia ridden koala) next Friday.